I’m feeling much better today. I’m over the hump of mid-month. Last night I went out and used a coupon at a restaurant. The server was very nice and explained what we could use the coupon for. It saved us $10. It was easy and I didn’t feel cheap – just thrifty! I also made a delicious soup today for lunch with some of the organic vegetables I had delivered last Friday. Yum!
Yesterday I said I needed a plan to get through the next two and a half weeks. Here are a few things I’ve decided to do:
- As a comment to my last post, my friend Annie suggested I make a list of all the things that I want but can’t buy, and revisit the list at the end of the month to see if I really want/need those things or if they were just things I wanted to buy because they were there. I think this is a fabulous suggestion and I have started this list. Thanks Annie.
- I also plan to look through my coupons and figure out which ones I want to use, which ones I’ll keep just in case, and which ones I’ll never use and should give away. I’m a bit overwhelmed with the amount of coupons I have now and I think it’s better if I organize and plan them into a more manageable system.
- I’m going to take one day a week to go through the online coupon sites, look at the flyers, and plan my week of coupon use. Now that I know where to look for coupon information, I need to better manage my couponing time so it doesn’t overwhelm me and take over my life.
- I will continue to bring snacks with me, so I’m not tempted to buy food while I’m out (which will save me money as well!)
- My last plan of attack is to try to avoid situations where I feel tempted to buy things on a whim (at least while I’m feeling frustrated).
If you have any other suggestions of ways I can get through this month, please comment and let me know.