The online-Facebook-blog-YouTube-text-finally-meeting-in-person date
The Eco-comedian first contacted me on OkCupid with a shameless plug for his YouTube page. I watched some of his stuff and thought it was funny, so I became his fan on Facebook. Then I plugged my blog. He invited me to the Green Party party on election night, so we exchanged phone numbers to meet up (which we never did). We became Facebook friends and either messaged or texted back and forth for the last few weeks. He asks me how the dates are going. I ask him how his mission to unite the political left in Canada by writing a song to Jack Layton is going (he’s written love songs to Green Party leader Elizabeth May and environmentalist Laurie David – see below).
Finally, after seventeen days, we met for pizza during his lunch hour from his job at an ad agency. He wore dark sunglasses and a hat, so I didn’t recognize him at first, but I also felt like I already knew him. He’s a pretty funny guy. And really into eco issues. He’s made a name for himself writing songs and doing videos that are fun and make people aware of environmental concerns. He also does podcasts, interviews, and radio. He’s a busy man. And he’s going to help me make a couple of videos for 3hundred66days, which is awesome.
In honour of his constant shameless plugging of his work, and because I think this video is hilarious, The Eco-comedian will be my first non-anonymous date of the month. Here is his video proposal to Laurie David, when she was divorcing from Larry David (of Curb Your Enthusiasm fame):
Speed Dating! I’m really nervous. I was checking out the questions they suggest and they remind me of interview questions. I hate interviews!
Try to find out about the person the things that you would need to know in order to want to pursue your connection further, or not. Here are a few fun questions below:
- What makes you happy, brings joy to your life?
- What do you do on a typical Saturday or Sunday?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?
- What was the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
- Have you ever had a life-changing experience?
- What do you think is the most misunderstood thing about your gender by the opposite sex?
- What positive quality do you possess that you also look for in others?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you could only eat one food for 3 days in a row, what would it be?
Check out all their “fun” questions at 25dates.com